The Information Publication Scheme (IPS) is established under the Freedom of Information Act 1982. The IPS aims to transform the freedom of information framework from one that responds to individual requests for access to documents to one that requires agencies to take a proactive approach to publishing information. You can find out more about the IPS on the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website.
A copy of our IPS Agency Plan is available.
Under the IPS:
- Australian Government agencies are required to publish agency plans
- specific categories of information must be published
- agencies may proactively publish other government information.
Who we are
- About the Department
- our structure
- Enterprise Agreement
- Employment Opportunities
- Statutory appointments for the department’s portfolio bodies
- the department’s operational information