- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
- 224711 Management Consultant
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
- Management consultant 224711 should be upgraded to the MLTSSL, otherwise it will have a tremendous impact on the recruitment strategy of Organisation and other consulting firms in Australia.
Occupations on the STSOL list, will not have any pathway to employer sponsored permanent residency come March 2018. Having the option to become a permanent resident in Australia, is a huge drawcard in attracting management consultants and their families to Australia. In Australia, the competition for high calibre management consultants means that attracting and retaining high-calibre people has become, and remains increasingly, difficult.
In circumstances where there is a shortage of suitably skilled management consultants in Australia, the ability of Organisation to effectively compete within the sector would be compromised if we were unable to source management consultants from overseas. Our clients insist on the very best service and if this is not forthcoming then they change providers. Our clients are global businesses and they rely upon Organisation having culturally diverse teams of management consultants working on their engagements.
Organisation wants to attract management consultants of the highest calibre, and ensure that they remain employed by Organisation long term, and not just limited to 4 years’ duration. It takes time for management consultants to learn the Organisation toolkit, methodologies and develop the proprietary knowledge required to be a successful management consultant at Organisation.
30% of Organisation’s 457-visa population have become Australian permanent residents sponsored by Organisation. This figure demonstrates the strong need to be able to offer Management Consultants the opportunity to become a permanent resident.
We recently forecasted that Organisation expects to sponsor 50 positions over the next 5 years. Based on our 457>PR conversion rate, not being able to offer PR sponsorship would result in Organisation's turnover rates increasing because we could no longer retain consultants beyond 4 years.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?