0472 Media Federation of Australia and The Communications Council
- Submitterʼs name
- Media Federation of Australia and The Communications Council
- Submitted on behalf of
- Professional body or industry association
About the submission
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
- 225111 Advertising Specialist
- 225113 Marketing Specialist
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
- As an urgent priority we seek upgrading Advertising Specialist to the MLTSSL:
-Unique to our specialist industry
-0.6% of 457s in 2016-17
-Fills genuine skill shortages that can't be met locally despite search efforts, grad intake, industry and educator training
-Adds highly technical expertise not found locally
-Helps train and up skills local staff in the latest technology
-Enables local job growth
We support stricter caveats on Advertising Specialist such as base salary, years of industry experience and contribution to training to ensure integrity in 4-year visas for senior experts.
We seek a shift of Marketing Specialist to the MLTSSL which enables our and other digital industries to fill specialised roles that can't be met by local job seekers, training and graduate recruitment. We support stricter caveats to ensure integrity and vetted access to the most skilled experts.
Please refer to text in attachment for supporting evidence and data.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.