- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Administrative and Support Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
• I am concerned that the proposed changes to the 457 program to exclude recruitment consultants from being eligible will impact on our ability to retain staff and hire future staff for our business and hence have a detrimental effect on our revenue and growth plans for the business.
• Hiring experienced recruitment consultants with the specialist expertise we require is a very difficult thing to do because the size of the market in Australia is small. We accordingly sometimes need to bring in talent into this country to enable us to run our business, which in turn assists our clients to run theirs.
• When we do have to hire overseas employees not only to fill vacancies due to the difficulty in recruiting locally for certain roles, such employees also play an important part in the training and development of local employees.
• Overseas employees have knowledge of and experience in much larger and more complex markets in recruiting for global clients, such as the UK, and this is invaluable to Australian employees and to the growth of the Australian operation.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?