- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
This is imperative to ensure the development of the Australian economy. Take for example that I have personally spent the last 3 years recruiting within Civil and Structural Engineering in the UK. These job roles are on the MLTSSL and professionals in this industry are in high demand internationally. Recruitment Consultants such as myself have extensive networks (in to the 1000's) from just a small area of the South UK. Since moving to Australia this year a number have directly contacted me about joining an Australian Engineering company, many would like access to smaller tier 2 business that would not be easy to gain information or contacts with for candidates outside of the local area let alone internationally.
For Engineering businesses, the recruitment industry is needed to promote Australia as a place to work for skill short industries where many countries are making access easier to immigrate to.
It is important to maintain the international approach of the recruitment industry and this is only going to be possible by bringing in experienced consultants from a number of countries.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?