- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Financial and Insurance Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- Western Australia
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- South Australia
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
We are an IT and Digital specialist recruitment agency, and having the Recruitment Consultant with the right knowledge and experience is the key to the success of our business.
We normally recruit from countries such as the UK or Ireland, where the market is similar. They come with an extensive knowledge of specialist roles and abundant knowledge, which means they arrive in Australia, and can very quickly become productive.
Whereas if we were to recruit an Australian graduate or someone will less skill in the industry, we would be required to spend a considerable amount of time and effort to bring them up to speed. We still take this approach where we can, hiring inexperienced Australians and training them up, but needless to say, it is much preferable if we have someone who can be productive as soon as joining the organisation.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?