- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
Without a 457 visa I would not have been able to address the national skill shortage we have in Australia. I specifically focus on placing recruiters into the IT and Digital Sectors. This can best be described as one of the most candidate short market in Rec2Rec. If Recruitment Consultant were on the MLTSSL it would be possible for me to continue addressing the skills shortage.
Over the last 4 years I have contributed over $1.4M in revenue on behalf of Barton Mills Recruitment. A review of my placements, saw that over 55% of placements included new 457 visa, 457 visa transfer or placing consultants that at some time required a 457 visa i.e. now on Permanent Residency.
The economical effect of removing a layer of proven, experienced consultants (who actually want to be in recruitment) from the Australian industry just because of their geographical background would be a major detriment to the wider economy. By basically eliminating a talent pool that knows what they're doing, Australia runs the risk of taking a big step backwards in terms of productivity and innovation.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?