- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
We employ 43 staff in Australia and globally employ 46 staff members.
Denovo specializes in Sales, Marketing and Executive recruitment with a proven track record in finding the right candidate for our clients.
In the most recent financial year, our annual turnover was $3.76m; an increase of 2.4% from the previous financial year.
The continual growth of our business has driven the need to employ a skilled and experienced employees for the business to meet its client demands and maintain operational efficiency. A contributing factor to our successful growth is our ability to recruit from a diverse pool of skilled 457 workers under the 223112 Recruitment Consultant occupation list.
Naturally, the recruitment industry has a high employee turnover industry with a current employment level of 59,000 across Australia (http://joboutlook.gov.au/Occupation.aspx?search=Career&code=2231).
Although we always make a conscious effort to recruit locally, finding local skilled talent can sometimes be a challenge and therefore by removing the Recruitment Consultants from STSOL entirely, the shortage of skilled Recruitment Consultants will have a direct and detrimental impact to our diverse company. We will be under-resourced, experience loss in operational efficiency, financial loss and decline. None of our positions have ever been created for migration purposes. Subsequently, this will then have a knock on effect to our clients and their industries.
Denovo are forecasting a strong outlook for 2018 and its clients - further supported by 'positive trading ccombined with improved employer confidence' means that the market is looking strong for 2018 (http://www.onrec.com) - however this cannot be possible if the 223112 is removed from the list.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?