0391 Australian Dental and Oral Health Therapists' Association
- Submitterʼs name
- Australian Dental and Oral Health Therapists' Association
- Submitted on behalf of
- Professional body or industry association
About the submission
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- Regional / Rural
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
There is now an opportunity to establish an occupation code for OHT. This has arisen give New Zealand now recognise the OHT as a protected health professional title from November 2017. ADOHTA requests the Department of Employment consider alternative methodologies to inform their decision to include the DH and DT on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL), including consultation with the professional associations and other stakeholders. ADOHTA has attached an Environmental Scan on Oral Health that highlights the current and projected growth in the oral health workforce, with a specific identified Australian community demand for OHT.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?