- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
It is proven that having access to global recruitment talent to work in Australian adds significant value to the Australian economy, particular recruitment consultants that have international experience of working in highly technical and complex industries such as Defence.
Given that the recruitment industry in Australia is a developing industry it is vital that we can utilise experienced overseas recruiters to train and mentor Australian citizens that want to work in the industry, which in my experience it can be hard to attract Australians to want to work in the industry.
The recruitment function in any business is often overlooked or undervalued but the reality is that if businesses and industries don't have the right people in the right place at the right time with the right skills then projects and capabilities that could be vital to Australia as a nation are but at huge risk.
The industry that i specialise in is Defence which is critical to the security of Australia and our allies, this industry is expecting significant growth over the next decade, in the order of an additional 15'000 people needed to be directly involved in Defence industry. Without experienced and well trained recruiters, i don't see how this level of growth will be achieved.
I personally benefited from a visa to work in this chosen field with pathways to PR and years later i'm an Australian citizen still working as a recruiter mentoring and developing younger Australians to be successful and effective recruiters within the Defence industry, who enable projects of national security to be delivered on time
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?