- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
Not only are Recruitment Consultants experts in sourcing highly skilled people for complex projects, but they are also experts in workforce demographics and have an unparalleled understanding of how businesses incl. Government Agencies can attract and retain staff.
The business that I work for in Australia, is an Australian owned recruitment business that is recognised as one of the top 20 SMEs to the Australian Defence Force and is currently running large scale recruitment drives for projects that are of huge importance to national security. Over 50% of the businesses staff is from overseas and are on 457 visa's or has gone through to process to become permanent residency and, in some cases, have now become proud Australian Citizens.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?