0375 Ward Floors Pty Ltd
- Submitterʼs name
- Ward Floors Pty Ltd
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- South Australia
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
We are inundated with work for our carpet installers due to the high demand of new builds being completed and renovations.
Our sponsor Martin is a Master Carpet Fitter who has already trained two apprentices via TAFE SA, who have now branched out on their own as fully qualified carpet installers. His current apprentice Robert will also lose his job, Martin took him on when nobody would give him a chance and he is progressing fantastically and will also go on to make a good carpet installer, he was previously claiming Centrelink as he couldn’t find a job. Roberts partner is also pregnant with their second child and his partner doesn’t work.
If Martin leaves we could lose numerous contracts with builders who specifically ask for him.
As Floor Finisher has been removed from the list we can’t sponsor him again. We are desperate, I have other companies and clients willing to write letters to evident that we need him to stay.
The types of carpets he fits are body and borders, staircases and pattern matching to name a few, he has skills he has learnt in the UK that hasn’t been taught over here until now, which was why I was able to bring him over in Feb 2014.
Is there anything I can provide to help you to add Floor Finisher back to the list??
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?