- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
The Recruitment Company is a medium sized agency, that provides recruitment services to the commercial and public sector. As far as our contribution to servicing the Australian economy goes we generate $40 million per year, we engage over 200 on-hire workers at any given time and treat them fairly, ethically and safely. We service white collar clients across industries including financial services, telecommunications and technology. We service some of Australia’s most innovative SME’s and are the 10th biggest supplier of IT contingent labour to NSW State Government, sourcing highly specialised contingent labour.
Over the last 24 months we have hired approximately 18 recruitment consultants in order to service the demand within our specialised sector. My average recruitment cycle to make one quality hire internally is 6-9 months, running a stringent advertising, social campaigning and headhunting process to attract Australians to the industry and source exceptionally hard to find talent, much of which comes from overseas.
Over the past 12 months we have been severely impacted as a business in terms of our ability to service our clients and in our overall revenue generation, due to the sheer difficulty of finding quality talent and getting them on board. TRC has lost key accounts within the Technology and Professional Services sector due to our inability to service their highly specialised technical hiring needs as a result.
Please note that TRC invests in my role as People & Performance Director, thereby investing heavily in training spend to train up junior people in the local industry. We are a company helping drive innovation, diversity and growth within Australia, and we would without a doubt be completely incapacitated as a business were the role of recruitment consultant to be removed from the STSOL.
Please feel free to contact me with any further questions on (02)83466716.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?