0342 Pritam Bhuyan
- Submitterʼs name
- Pritam Bhuyan
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
I work for a company who recruits within a very niche industry in the Australian market ( Defence ). Due to a chronic lack of local talent moving into the Recruitment industry, my company has been built upon the significant efforts made by migrants on 457 visas.
Due to the efforts of my colleauges, we have successfully found work for people moving out of the military into the civilian world. These are people who have dedicated their lives to protecting Australia. The services my colleagues provide have also helped companies within the Defence industry successfully complete projects which have proved critical to Australia's safety and future growth.
The tax my colleagues pay, is re-invested back into the Australian economy.
I wholeheartedly support the notion that Recruitment Consultants need to be moved from the Short term Skilled Occupation List ( STSOL ) to the Medium and Long - Term Strategic Skills List ( MLTSSL ) .
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?