0336 Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Submitterʼs name
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Submitted on behalf of
- Professional body or industry association
About the submission
- Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations should be removed from the MLTSSL or the STSOL?
- 253211 Anaesthetist
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being removed from the MLTSSL or STSOL.
- NMTAN, ‘Australia’s Future Health Workforce- Anaesthesia’ Department of Health, April 2016:
1. “Results of the projections reveal a workforce that is in balance, with the potential to shift into oversupply if trainee numbers are increased or if there is not a decrease in International Medical Graduates (IMGS).”p5
2. There is a capacity and appetite for current workforce to increase supply of anaesthesia service if the demand in community increased. This is confirmed by ASA annual surveys of it’s membership.
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.