- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
A lot of companies struggle to get the right people for their business, for multiple reasons. Specialist recruiters in particular have in depth knowledge of the market they work in and have the ability to identify the needs of a company, and ultimately help them get the right person on board. Having the right people within a company is hugely important when it comes to expansion, the creation of new jobs and in turn economic growth.
Recruitment is a career that takes dedication, skill and specific experience. We support the country we work in through living here, spending here, paying taxes here and helping to increase job opportunities for others. We offer a massively important service and our role is a skill in itself.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
Recruitment is vital for continued growth and success. The experience that people from overseas can offer is huge. We bring knowledge, experience and passion for helping companies meet their goals.
The opportunity to move to and offer our skills to a country for years is not a decision taken lightly. We want to contribute to the economy and help people in getting jobs. As a skill, there is a lot that goes into recruitment and is not something that anyone can do on a whim.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?