- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
In our company we are always trying to bring on Australian recruitment consultants however those with experience rarely exist. We have bought on many entry level staff and have trained them up into a recruitment consultant but without the experienced experts we have on hand to do this, this wouldn't be a possibility. We need to continue to build our pool of talent from both Australian candidates and overseas experienced recruiters who can help train and develop the local talent who may not have these skills as of yet.
Not only does the recruitment industry itself create jobs and generate a huge revenue for Australia, it assists other business such as hospitals and rural clinics with their staffing ensuring these business stay afloat and fully staffed where they might usually struggle due to the skills shortages in Australia.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?