0292 Barton Mills
- Submitterʼs name
- Barton Mills
- Submitted on behalf of
- Professional body or industry association
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
The company I have spent the past four years with, building on my career and gaining great exposure would not have been possible without recruiters being on the occupation list.
Not only am I a recruitment consultant, I specialise as a recruitment to recruitment consultant. I am exposed to this industry each and every day. Local talent is far and few which is why we have so much success in recruiting globally. Recruitment is a multi million dollar earner and with out it the job market as a whole could truly suffer.
Over the past 4 years I have generated over $1m in sales revenue for the agency. A big part of this has been re populating the recruitment market with grads. If I wasn't given this opportunity, I would not be where I am today.
Recruitment is not an HR function, Recruitment consultants are sales people. They act as intermediaries between candidates and clients.They actively sell their company’s services to potential clients; sell roles to candidates and sell candidate’s back to their clients in order to secure interviews. Clients and Consultants will have agreed terms before a search begins to find the perfect candidate. In the case of permanent placements, the clients will pay a % of what would be the candidate’s first year salary. Usually, the percentage they do take is between 20-25%.
Evidence to support this? Over the last two years 25% of our placements have been visa transfers, 34% new 457 visas and 41% have had be visa free (Aussie, PR or Defacto Visa).
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?