0256 Now Careers Pty Ltd
- Submitterʼs name
- Now Careers Pty Ltd
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
Through diligent measurement of our consultants' performance over the last 15 years, we can confidently demonstrate their value to the industry, notwithstanding making a positive impact on the national unemployment rate.
On average, consultants at Now Careers sponsored from other countries are consistently producing the following levels of performance:
- producing $500,000 per year gross profit (GP) / margin revenue
- 75% permanent placements into the workforce
- 25% contract (temporary) placements into the workforce
- bring with them expert knowledge from advanced training programs provided overseas
- achieving 30 to 40 permanent placements per consultant per year
- achieving 90 - 100 contract placements per consultant per year
Evidence can also be provided that there is a huge skills shortage in Australia for qualified Recruitment Consultants. This can be demonstrated at Now Careers, whereby in the last 12 months, we have struggled to fill 4-6 key internal positions. This has proven to be detrimental in the loss of growth opportunity for our business, notwithstanding the working community. The 2 positions that we have managed to fill internally, have in fact been overseas candidates, mainly from South Africa and the United Kingdom.
We entrust that you will review the above with serious intent, and consider the position of Recruitment Consultant to be added to the MLTSSL.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?