0222 Camberwell Primary School
- Submitterʼs name
- Camberwell Primary School
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Education and Training
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
We are prepared to sponsor teachers and are pleased to welcome Canadian teachers to our school. they receive training on a curriculum comparable to the Victorian Curriculum and have extensive hours of placement and full control prior to graduating.
Now, the changes to the 457 Visa see us restricted to employing candidates with more than two years experience. Yet it is the graduates who are traveling after completion of their studies.
The success of our program has given rise to another school investigating the options to establish a program such as ours. Fitzroy Primary School is currently seeking a teacher to begin bilingual education by commencing with French language instruction.
We are facing the risk of not being able to deliver our exemplary education which could well be a model for Australian education meeting the needs of the 21st Century global model talked about by all levels of government. At CPS, we put it into practice.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations should be removed from the MLTSSL or the STSOL?
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being removed from the MLTSSL or STSOL.
- Brunswick South - Italian
- Newlands Primary School - Spanish
- Fitzroy Primary School - French
You can see our NAPLAN data on MySchools website which evidences the benefit of bilingual education. It is important to attend to the growth data to see the impact of bilingual education.