- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations should be removed from the MLTSSL or the STSOL?
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being removed from the MLTSSL or STSOL.
Recruitment agencies should be encouraged to hire and train graduates, and mature age candidates, they have relied upon 457's for far far too long and proof is in the perpetual lack of trainee recruitment adverts on Linkedin or Seek...simple as that. Australia needs to be self sufficiant in recruitment skills. and like many other professions, the ease in appointing 457 workers need to be curtailed, which in turn will ensure Australian candidates will not be left out of opportunities to work, grow and make a positive contribution.