- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
I found this opportunity upon commencing employment with Kinexus, Australia's largest defence sector recruitment company. Being able to utilise my military skills and knowledge within a sales environment has proved an excellent opportunity.
At Kinexus, nearly 50% of our employees are on a 457/417 visa, or have obtained PR/citizenship through this pathway, so removing this skill set would have a hugely detrimental impact upon the company.
Kinexus, as well as other recruitment companies, find it very difficult to find recruitment talent within Australia, as it is a skill set which isn't easy to come by.
If recruitment consultant isn't added to the MLTSSL, this will also have a significantly negative effect upon AU government. Working in the Defence sector, I place people into roles who work directly in the AU defence sector, and thus contribute directly to the AU government.
I am currently conducting a lot of work within the SA based naval sector, which is currently, and will continue to, generate huge sums of money for the government, Australian employees who I find roles for, and the overall defence of Australia.
Being able to utilise my skill set, and combining, among other things, my military knowledge/expertise, as well as my sales acumen, allow me, as a recruitment consultant, to contribute greatly to the betterment of myself, my company, and Australian defence.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?