- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Financial and Insurance Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
- This occupation is not included in IMMI/072 list for 189 or 190 visa. It is only eligible for 486 and 187 visa.
- Mathematician occupation is STSOL occupation. It is eligible for 190, 486 and 187 visa.
- An occupation (Mathematician) which has short term skill shortage, is eligible for permanent residency through 190 visa. However, statistician which has long term skill shortage is not eligible for permanent residency through state sponsorship.
- Therefore, I would request that both these occupation should be classified under MLTSSL and should be included in the list for 189 and 190 visa.
- These occupations are of high demand in banking, science industries and it is difficult to find relevant people in the market. Moreover, these people can not be trained in short term.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?