- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations should be removed from the MLTSSL or the STSOL?
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being removed from the MLTSSL or STSOL.
In addition there is evidence of highly qualified individuals being offered PR in Australia and then not being able to secure positions and end up working in basic retail as this is all the work they can find.
Putting Real Estate Agent and similar roles on the occupations lists seems completely contradictory to the objective of the setting stricter rules for immigration to Australia and does not help to address the employment situation for those already unemployed!