0165 DENCH BAKERS PTY LTD
- Submitterʼs name
- DENCH BAKERS PTY LTD
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
We employ several baking apprentices to try and influence the industry from the inside but it is very difficult to get the recognition from the wider Baking Industry.
We have made use of the 457 visa program for over 12 years now with great success. We employ over 80 people with 3-4 foreign entrants in our mix of Australian employees.
Finding Australian employees that are suitably skilled and reliable is very difficult. Moving this occupation to the MLTSSL would help immensely in our industry and help encourage the skills to be passed to local employees.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?