0150 Sophia Chisholm
- Submitterʼs name
- Sophia Chisholm
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
These skills are not taught in a classroom or assessed by exams, but rather learnt and finessed through life experience and dedication to an ever changing and demanding playing field.
The tireless work and relationships built would inevitably be lost should the individuals not be offered the opportunity of longevity in their stay in Australia ultimately leading to the possibility of permanent residency.
The removal or short term allowance would create a constant halt and slow down in the market for both employers and the candidates being assisted by the recruitment agencies, as new consultants would have to be brought in and upskilled to ultimately be replaced. The benefit is non existent for any party involved.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?