- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
In terms of being 'skilled'. Many consultants are trained as experts in their field, giving both invaluable advice and consultancy to prospective employees. How this industry can be punished for actively working with the governments agenda is beyond me.
Fact being is there are simply not enough Australians to supply agencies.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
How recruitment consultants can be punished for actually contributing to the economy is beyond me. Each consultant has a specialty where they are experts in their field, in turn giving expert advise to prospective employees. This again in turn helps in the development not only of skilled Australians but also companies Australian owned.
There is simply not enough supply for agencies for Australians to do this. This on top of the constantly changing goalposts to hardworking consultants who have set a life up in this beautiful country and want to support all of its needs. Which still perplexes me as the very needs of the country are getting Australians into work and that is what is done...By recruitment consultants.
Not to mention the economic downturn that will happen in terms of companies paying tax. Agencies will no longer be able to supply that need for consultants as there simply is not enough Australians that can do it.
Consultants just wants to work, contribute, pay taxes and help people find work.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?