- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
- 223112 Recruitment Consultant
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
- I have been working in the Australian rec2rec industry for over 7 years now and run my own business. I work with recruitment agencies, large and small, to source recruitment consultants for them. Due to the shortage of Australian recruitment consultants we often have to look overseas in order to keep up with demand in this space. We of course would love to place more Australian recruitment consultants into roles but the fact is there are not enough skilled workers in this field or simply people wanting to work in this space to keep up with the growing demand for skilled consultants. Approx 75% of the placements we make with our clients are experienced and skilled recruitment consultants who require a visa. These consultants are degree educated , skilled people who add a lot of value to their businesses and the Australian economy. If we were unable to sponsor recruitment consultants then this would have a hugely negative effect on the job market across all industries and therefore the labour market in general. The role of a recruitment consultant is a highly skilled demanding role - recruiters are responsible for aiding the country's economy. Recruitment consultants should be moved to the MTSSL list as it's stopping quality and skilled people moving to Australia, helping the economy and aiding the labour market - if it is taken off for any reason it will have a negative impact on the wider job market.I have absolutely no doubt it will destroy the industry if the role of a recruitment consultant is taken off the list.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.