- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Administrative and Support Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
Recruitment Consultant's work with Australian candidates & Australian Businesses to find the staff they have been unable to find without their support thus reducing our unemployment rate by placing a multitude of local employees into jobs one Recruitment consultant is capable of placing up to 350 staff in a 12 month period. Removing Recruitment from the list would severely affect the number of Australians finding employment and Australian Businesses finding local talent.
Australia has a very small amount of locally based Recruitment Consultants and most Recruitment Consultancies tend to supplement local growing talent (Trainees) with experienced recruiters from around the world, this external Recruitment market is extremely buoyant and requires a mix of experienced and senior level recruiters to supplement our low level of local talent. Without the ability to provide a long-term future to Recruitment Consultants from abroad this will result in multiple agencies failing and being unable to provide our invaluable service to Businesses and job seekers alike. As well as being unable to provide upcoming Australian talent the chance to learn and work with experienced recruiters.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?