0096 David Hill
- Submitterʼs name
- David Hill
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Financial and Insurance Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
- Removed from MLTSSL
What occupations should be removed from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
- 599612 Insurance Loss Adjuster
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being removed from the MLTSSL
- I am a Loss Adjuster (qualified accountant also) and agree that Loss Adjusting should be removed from the short-term list of occupations for temporary skilled work visas. The reason for this is that loss adjusting is not a unique and/or highly technical skill but quite the opposite and there is no justifiable reason why recruiting and training should not occur locally with local resources. It seems to me that the industry has taken the easy approach of recruiting from overseas rather than training locally, broadly in order to save costs. It has also allowed management of loss adjusting firms to not treat employees as well as they might otherwise given there is essentially an unlimited number of potential replacement employees waiting in the wings overseas who are very keen to emigrate to Australia and they are prepared to accept any reasonable offer to do so.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Regional Occupation List (ROL)?
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?