0096 Conor Horabin
- Submitterʼs name
- Conor Horabin
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
Recruitment professionals travel from all over the world to work in Australia with life times worth of savings. They risk everything by leaving their secure jobs, comfort of their home and families to travel to the other side of the world and give 100% in order to build a career in Recruitment, knowing that if you do not work hard then you will have no one to fall back on and support you - no family or home. This is a huge reason to the success of overseas Recruiters, they risk it all to develop a career which can support a life in Australia for themselves and their future families.
As a Recruitment Consultant we work with Australian candidates & Australian Businesses to find the perfect fit they have been unable to find without our support. Removing Recruitment from the list would severely effect the number of Australians finding employment and Australian Businesses finding local talent.
Australia's own Recruiters have the safety net of families and secure homes if it doesn't work out, they do not find it imperative to be successful in the same way as someone who has risked it all and moved across the world with a lifetime worth of savings and a desire to succeed. When we travel from overseas we MUST be successful, their is no lifeline. Hence why overseas Recruiters support heavily to the industry and the growth of the economy in the way they do.
Overseas Recruiters spend all of their money in Australia hugely contributing to the growth of the Economy. Family and friends then come to Australia from overseas to visit the country for long periods of time, in doing so they bring large amounts of savings with them which is again spent in Australia supporting the Economy.
Whenever we do return home for a holiday to our home countries we speak about how amazing Australia is - word of mouth really is the greatest promotion tool.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?