0069 Craig Watson
- Submitterʼs name
- Craig Watson
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
For the past 10 years I have been specifically helping businesses find Recruitment Consultants to help grow their businesses.
Australia has a real void in local talent in the Recruitment Consultant space.
Without a defined pathway through Tertiary qualifications many Australians do not choose the professional career path provided via the Recruitment Industry.
Talent from abroad - particularly from UK/Ireland is more experienced and better trained.
Ultimately, the recruitment industry provides jobs for other Australians across all industries.
Without a well trained and experienced recruitment industry this will negatively impact on jobs growth in Australia.
Without allowing access to 457 visas for Recruitment Consultants we will not be able to fill the demand for these roles in Australia and the wider jobs market will suffer incredibly.
Further - Recruitment Consultant should be placed on the MLTSSL.
The reason for this is that whilst it remains on the STSOL this means we are not attracting the best talent, rather those looking only for a short stay.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?