- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
I am also the founder of Spark Recruitment. We help Australians to find work. It is my view that Recruitment consultants play a vital role in the economy. With the recruitment industry employers would struggle to achieve their onshore talent goals.
Recruitment is a profession. It takes significant skills and investment to become good at it and it is a global industry.
It is my view that the 457 visa should remain open as there is a lack of recruitment talent on-shore. This has been the case since I have been in Australia, which is from 1999
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?