0057 round8 Search
- Submitterʼs name
- round8 Search
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
- 223112 Recruitment Consultant
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
- I run a recruitment business, based in Sydney but servicing Australia and APAC.
We have tried to recruit Australians time and again, but we simply can't find locals who want to do a recruitment consultant role.
The role is heavily sales focused, and quite frankly, locals can find easier roles.
We have tried advertising, using recruitment consultants to find us people, with no joy.
We recruit into the ever-expanding technology and digital media industry, finding Australian and international start-up companies the highly qualified talent they need to grow their businesses. This is a part of the market which will become increasingly important as Australia moves away from reliance on primary industries to a service / technology focused economy.
In order to recruit these people, I need people who know that space. And I simply can't find Australians who know the space.
Stopping sponsorship in this space will not only limit my business, once set up by an Australian, but also the wider technology market which will ultimately hold Australia's growth back.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.