0050 National Farmers' Federation
- Submitterʼs name
- National Farmers' Federation
- Submitted on behalf of
- Professional body or industry association
About the submission
- Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Please identify which occupations your submission relates to:
- All 670 occupations
1. Are there additional labour market factors, for which there are national datasets available (ideally aligned to 6-digit ANZSCO occupation level), that are relevant to future refinements to the Departmentʼs analysis and methodology?
What is the frequency of data release?
2. The Department is also seeking submissions on suitable datasets that are disaggregated by region. Please provide details if you are aware of such a dataset, including whether it is aligned to ANZSCO occupations and how often the dataset is updated.
3. Is there any other advice or evidence that the Department should consider in its review of the methodology?
- Data in the agriculture sector on workforce and skills consists of a combination of different forms. We encourage an open approach to incorporating new data and information as it is developed. Some alternative sources of data in the agriculture industry include:
• Research by the Rural Research and Development Corporations;
• Surveys of farmers undertaken by industry associations;
• State Government workforce and skills surveys;
• Input from Skills Impact and other Skills Service Organisations.
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.