- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services
- Administrative and Support Services
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
In this time, we have regularly struggled to source experienced Recruiters locally that have not only the knowledge of the healthcare/agency space, but who have the clinical expertise to recruit Registered Nurses and clinical professionals. Often the local applicants have a strong HR background, however struggle with understanding the requirements of recruiting health care professionals and/or being able to credential candidates with the complex requirements for NSW health and the healthcare guidelines. We often struggle to receive applicants locally in response to our advertisements which in turn creates staffing deficits and shortages.
This being considered we have relied heavily on sourcing overseas candidates for business sponsorship in the recruitment space, and have found a higher caliber of candidates apply internationally with both the HR experience and the clinical expertise required to recruit health care professionals.
We would highly recommend that there be a reconsideration to move Recruitment Consultants to the MLTSSL as this would provide a better scope of coverage for these hard to fill areas and not place such a staffing deficit and skill deficit on organizations similar to Alliance Health.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?