0046 New Venture Recruitment
- Submitterʼs name
- New Venture Recruitment
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
We've recently started a recruitment business here in Sydney 5 months ago and have been looking for Recruitment Consultants for the past 5 weeks to further grow the business and add value to our clients resourcing needs across the construction and engineering sectors, particularly here in Sydney.
So far within these 5 weeks we have advertised on our own website and engaged the services of 4 recruitment-to-recruitment agencies to find suitable recruitment consultants with experience to be able to join the business and offer professional services to the skills shortage that is prevalent in the current Sydney construction and infrastructure boom market.
To date we have not had one person apply or even be put forward by the recruitment-to-recruitment agencies. When we initial drew up our business plan at the start of the year we had planned to be able to sponsor from the start and then with the changes back in April this affected our growth plan, and now with the further proposed changes to remove Recruitment Consultant off the STSOL list let alone not have it on the MLTSSL I feel completely baffled as to if this situation that we find ourselves in to find staff is not that of a skills shortage then I do not know what is?
If this is a simply ploy to secure votes then please consider the current construction and infrastructure boom here in Sydney and how you are going to find talent to deliver the $70billion infrastructure projects + others for the next 3/4 years and beyond. To budget for all this work and then take away the resources to deliver seems a little short sighted and indeed crippling to the NSW, and Australian people.
I leave it in your capable hands, to make the right decision for the people of Australia, the economy and delivery to move Sydney, NSW forwards to become a working city to rival the likes of London, New York and Singapore etc.
0434 209 311
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?