0022 bassam ramadan mohamed ahmed
- Submitterʼs name
- bassam ramadan mohamed ahmed
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Arts and Recreation Services
- Other Services
- Professional Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- Regional / Rural
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
- Added to MLTSSL
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
- 212314 Film and Video Editor
- 399517 Television Equipment Operator
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
- Media industry around the world keeps becoming more and more important for any leading government to communicate with its people and deliver messages more efficiently.
unless urgent measures are taken to make a country's media industry more globally competitive, world class film and television production talents could be easily lost or forgotten.
I think that governments must act to provide a wider range of technical broadcasting and television job opportunities in order to give a chance to talented people who can't afford higher education in Australia. Many of these people like myself only need a chance to work and study, but they need to work in order to study.
Television and media industry leading companies are always seeking equipment operators. Not all equipment operators can afford a bachelor's degree education that is recognized and/or accredited.
I am a film & video editor and I have years of experience in such a field in known television channels like beIN SPORTS and Al-Jazeera, but I have a bachelor degree in a different field that is equivalent to AQF level 6 as an associate degree. I wish I could apply for skilled migration under a different operation like " television equipment operator" since it doesn't require AQF levels of 7 and/or more.
The television equipment operator occupation could possibly open the door to more opportunities for television and creative media jobs that do not require AQF qualifications from level 7 and up.
Also it is important to know that most video editors around the world do not need a relevant qualification in order to learn and perform the occupation's duties and tasks. video editing has become a job that could be practiced by any person without former knowledge or studies. all a video editor needs to be so is practice and application to master such a skill. a person with professional experience who doesn't have a relevant qualification could easily direct, edit and even shoot a film.
I hope this will be considered. I hope this occupation can be re-added to the MLTSSL soon.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Regional Occupation List (ROL)?
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.