0017 Ahmed Abdelfadil
- Submitterʼs name
- Ahmed Abdelfadil
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Other Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
- Added to STSOL
What occupations should be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation Lists (STSOL)?
- 451711 Flight Attendant
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
- 1- Australian Airlines offers "flight attendant" Jobs for PR holder or citizenship only. Please check their website for your reference.
2- Overseas "flight attendant" with flying experience can't apply since the airlines requires PR holder only.
3- Australian Airlines can't find experience "flight attendant" within Australia who are willing to become flight attendant again.
4- Right now "flight attendant" occupations are open for visa subclass 482/187/407 which is requires experience in the same field in order to be approved.
*I hope you introduce “flight attendant” occupation for visa 190
Global aviation industry is growing rapidly. For example, Qantas airline has already started flying for 17-hour non-stop Perth-London flights from March 2018 with 787-9 aircraft and still more flights to follow in the coming few years.
Hence, The aviation industry rapidly growing in Australia, I believe that "flight attendant" occupation for skilled immigration through visa 190 should be introduced, especially in western Australia where all the flights will depart to Europe in the next few years should be open.
Chairman of Virgin Australia announced that the business will work to keep growing revenue. This will be done by leveraging the benefits of our strong fleet, network and product to seize growth opportunities and consolidate our market position. In particular, we look forward to expanding our access to Greater China, which represents one of Australia’s fastest growing travel markets.
According to the attached official report from Qantas and Jetstar Airlines,Aviation in Australia is rapidly expanding in the future. Asia remains the world’s fastest growing aviation market, and is expected to be bigger than the North America and Europe markets combined by 2035. By 2030, two-thirds of the world’s middle class will be in the Asia-Pacific region. Our strong partnerships in the region, as well as our geography, ensure we are well placed to capitalise on this growth.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to or removed from the Regional Occupation List (ROL)?
- Removed from ROL
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.