0013 Australian Information Industry Association
- Submitterʼs name
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Submitted on behalf of
- Professional body or industry association
About the submission
Is your organisation an Approved Sponsor for any of the following programs?
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa program
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa program
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa program
- Labour agreements
- Are you an Australian assessing authority for migration purposes?
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
User Experience product developers
User interface product designers
Artificial intelligence experts
Cloud platform specialists
Cyber security specialists.
All of these ICT/digital technology specialists are in short supply globally - let alone in Australia.
There is already a premium cost attached to these skills with companies actively competing with each other to attract and retain talent.
We are advised by members that current skill shortages in these areas are hindering their ability to compete for some jobs/projects simply because the skills are not available.
Australia is at risk of lagging behind our competitors in terms of digital developments, including at risk of serious cyber security threats if current skill gaps are not met.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
What occupations do you recommend should be added to the STSOL?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved be moved from the MLTSSL to the STSOL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the STSOL.
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?