- Submitterʼs details
- This submission has been made anonymously
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Do you have a particular regional interest? If required, you may select multiple regions.
- Western Australia
- Regional / Rural
1. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
What occupations should be added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)?
Please also include occupations that you propose should be moved from the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the MLTSSL.
Please outline the evidence or data that would support these occupations being added to the MLTSSL.
https://jobsearch.gov.au/job/search - job active 5384 jobs advertised while using " marketing" 15399 jobs with the title business development
as per joboutlook.gov.au future growth for marketing specialist is strong , for Sales & Marketing Manager and Hotel Manager future growth is moderate
Ensure that the assessment authorities requirements for awarding a positive skill assessment are in tune with ANZSCO definitions for each occupation
As an example 131112 Sales & Marketing Manager specialization Business Development Manager, assessing authority is AIM
ANZSCO definition includes plans, organizes, directs and coordinates sales & marketing activities within an organization.
AIM requirement is to prove that you had at least 3 direct reports which were themselves managers, reported directly to the business manager ( owner, CEO) ect which is not always the case for a Business Development Manager/ Sales Manager which focus normally is to drive the business.
Personally I have been in Australia for 1 and a half year on a 457 dependent visa. I have and BA in Marketing and over 16 years of international work experience in within hotels sales & marketing department from entry level Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, Assistant Director of Sales, Director of Sales & Marketing which is head of department, followed by a Senior Account Manager role/ Head of Travel and it proves a challenge to apply for PR as I cannot fulfill the impossible requirements of the assessing authorities which seem to make up their own rules and add some many additional requirements on top of the ANZSCO definitions.
Also there is no job code for just Sales Manager which is a degree level skill and different from Sales representative.
I do hope that Marketing specialist is added to MLTSSL and a new job code is created for Sales Specialist ( Manager) that refers to Hotel Sales Managers.
2. Do you consider that occupations need to be added to the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
3. Do you consider that occupations need to be removed from the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSSL) or the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?