0002 Xin Chen
- Submitterʼs name
- XIN CHEN
- Submitted on behalf of
About the submission
- Please select the industry your submission is in relation to. If required, you may select multiple industries.
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Please identify which occupations your submission relates to:
- Certain categories of occupations (eg professionals, managers or tradespeople)
- What occupation categories does your submission apply to?
1. Are there additional labour market factors, for which there are national datasets available (ideally aligned to 6-digit ANZSCO occupation level), that are relevant to future refinements to the Departmentʼs analysis and methodology?
What is the frequency of data release?
- I would like the Department of Employment(DE) takes the Australian Job outlook (http://joboutlook.gov.au/Occupation.aspx?search=Career&code=2713) national data-sets (271311) into the methodology for the 2017 review of the skilled migration occupation list, that are relevant to future refinements to the Department's analysis and the methodology. Australian Job outlook will update its data every three months.
2. The Department is also seeking submissions on suitable datasets that are disaggregated by region. Please provide details if you are aware of such a dataset, including whether it is aligned to ANZSCO occupations and how often the dataset is updated.
3. Is there any other advice or evidence that the Department should consider in its review of the methodology?
- I recommend the Department of Employment(DE) take the advice from the Industry representation bodies (Like Law Council of Australia) in its review of the methodology. As the research,surveys on Skilled Occupation List from the Law Council of Australia is Australian based,recent and aligned to ANZSCO occupations.
- Do you have any supporting material for your submission?
- Yes (see attachments)
If you have trouble accessing this document, please contact the Department to request a copy in a format you can use.